Monday, March 1, 2010

"Clockwork Orange": Swarovski Octea Sport Watch



My favorite Swarovski watch is back for 2010 and even sportier. I discussed the Octea watches here last year and was pleasantly impressed with the design. It was an interesting combo between women's sport watches, and popular glass crystal maker. I commented that if they made a men's version, I would probably wear it. As such, I think almost any woman interested in a sporty (and relatively affordable) watch would dig one of these. The case is in steel, 39mm wide, and has a series of crystals placed in it. Who'd a thought you'd ever see a rotating diver's bezel with Swarovski crystals in it?

For 2010 the watch gets an orange redo. Mostly the same from last year, but now primed for even more action. I like how they kept the swan logo at the 12 o'clock indicator - but now it is in orange. It it wasn't for all the faceted stones, I would say the watch more or less is a men's design - but that is very trendy for women these days. Movement is a Swiss quartz, and it comes with a rubber strap or a metal bracelet. Both of these have inset faceted hematite stones that really give it a cool look. There is another swan logo placed in the crown as a cabochon. Really a cool women's watch collection from Swarovski. Plus, the Octea Sport watches are all about $800 - $900 in price.

(Luxist)

I'm usually not a huge fan of sports watches, but this one I love.....the styling as well as the color is very appealing.

1 comment: