Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jean Paul Gaultier for Target



(Luxist)

Yesterday this collection debuted at Target. I've read that there is some question as to how well it will do in stores. I can see that being the case in some areas, as the collection will probably be considered to bit too edgy for some Target shoppers. There are pieces that I like from the line, but don't feel that each individual piece is represented in the best way. The pictures featured here, blur the line for me, such as that great looking yellow dress.......it would be much more appealing worn alone.

While I understand John Paul Gaultier's design aesthetic, some people might find the "mix" of pieces a bit much. More often than not, most of us are drawn to those things that instantly catch the eye. I love the cropped motorcycle jacket, as it is definitely one of those standout items which should do well........I'll be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment