Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Weekend Bargains

It was a nasty weekend in my area.......last Friday was 72 degrees and by Saturday the temps had dropped to the 20's and in snowed about 7"! (such is Oklahoma) That being the case, I was in a mood that only a little "retail therapy" could fix, so off I went.......I hit the mall and my favorite name brand store and by the time I arrived back home, all was well. Featured are my goodies.



1. Allen Schwartz "Band leader" tee-J.C. Penney-I saw them a couple of months ago and didn't get it at that time........I was sure that they would still be there when I decided to buy one.......of course they were all gone, with the exception of one that I found tucked in between some dressier blouses. No lingering this time! It was marked down to $10.60 and I had coupons, so I received an additional 30% off.

2. Charlotte Ronson vest-J.C. Penney-I saw this one in a magazine and knew I had to have it. I'd been looking for a sleeveless denim vest, but didn't want a plain one, so when I saw this one with it's "tattered look," I quickly grabbed it from the rack. It was $29.99, down from it's original price of $44.....I also received an additional 30% off.

3. Allen Schwartz-J.C. Penney-Talk about an Adrenaline rush! I actually hadn't seen this jacket prior to my weekend visit, but knew that I had to have one, like so many that I've featured from Net-A-Porter. I didn't want to pay a great deal for one, so when I ran across this jacket I knew it was the one for me. So........beautiful! While it's not leather, it is so......soft and actually feel like luxurious nappa leather. I love it's crinkled look and of course the studs and the buckle about the neck; I haven't worn it yet, but I think today will be the day! It was $49.50 down from it's original price of $99 (I still would have paid $99 even if it hadn't been marked down), I received additional 30% off this one as well. By the time I left Penneys I was absolutely ecstatic!

4. Michelle Taylor-Name Brand Clothing-I can't find any information online, as to who Michelle Taylor is, but I love my flower petal shrug! It's a "boiled" wool and has a little weight to it.......I love that, as it will be perfect over long sleeves on those cooler days. I picked it up for $29.

5. Rachel Roy-Name Brand Clothing-Another adrenaline rush! I just happened to pass by a rack of plus sized clothing and it was hanging on the front, so I knew it was meant for me. I am "crazy in love" with it.......it is a very soft lightweight sweater that I plan to wear often! What I'm really drawn to is the color combination.......it will allow so many styling options. The retail was $109, but I picked it up for $24. I must add that I'm saddened by the fact that the local Macys doesn't carry any of her stuff.....I'm sure they don't see a market for her line in this area. Darn the luck!

6. Forever21 oxfords (their version of the Christian Louboutins)-Something else that I just HAD to have, and boy did I go through a lot to get them. I initially saw them on a mannequin in the Window about a week ago, so I bound into the store to "try and buy," when I'm told by a clerk that they could not sell them to me until their Visual Merchandisers changed the windows.......ludicrous I thought, but apparently there is some corporate thing that says that they cannot take merchandise off a mannequin display until a "set change" is done.

My thought was set change schmet change, as I wanted to make sure that I got them knowing that they wouldn't be around long. I left the store saddened and a little upset, but understanding. I called probably every other day to see if they had been taken off, "no not yet, but leave us your name and number and we'll call you as soon as they are." I reluctantly did so, but must say I had little confidence that that would happen. Again I bounded through the doors this weekend and they were STILL in the window.......I went to the Manager and she promptly took them off the mannequin and said that she was able to do that because there would be a "set change" the next day........Whew......what luck! I purchased the only pair in my size for $20 plus tax; I wore them yesterday and am totally in love!

7. Lerner New York Jeans-Whenever I'm in the mall I always stop in Lerner, as they not only have some pretty good stuff, but everything is the store is usually on sale. I had also been looking for this particular type of jean, but most that I found were the lighter was and I wanted the darker wash. Again I got lucky......they were down from their original price of $46.95 (I still would have paid that), to $19.99, again I was ecstatic!

It always feels good to find things that you actually want and have been looking for. By the time I reached home, the mood was gone........there is something to be said for that "retail therapy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment