Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Shorts Story"

I don't remember in past years, seeing such a vast selection of shorts than those offered this season. It's like shorts have moved into a new realm, with all designers on board. Shorts have definitely taken a turn for the better.

We will always see the "classic" denim cut-offs and bermudas, with the latter being my usual choice. My plan is to take advantage of the "shorts boom" and add some variety. I'm really loving the shorts with the full leg, as well as those draped cuties that have the look of a skirt. The "new short," can be dressed up or down which is a great selling point for me. From Flat sandals, ballerinas & wedges to heels and booties; a frilly ruffle blouse or a something a bit more understated...worn for day or night, it all works.

As usual, I have my "favorites among favorites." Topping the list is Vena Cava, Dsquared, Catherine Malandrino, Elizabeth & James, Sachin & Babi, Thread Social, Rag & Bone Cynthia Rowley & Re Collection. I also love the Camilla & Marc "destroyed" shorts.....I envision those with cute, flat sandals and a nice tank. They would make good "road trip" shorts, as they look super comfortable.

Vena Cava
Brian Reyes
Jenni Kayne
T by Alexander Wang
Ever
Catherine Malandrino
Dsquared2
Alexander Wang
Free People
Camilla & Marc
Victorialand
Free People
Helmut Lang
Helmut Lang
Vince
Elizabeth & James
Generra
Alexander Wang
Rag & Bone
Patterson J. Kincaid
Rebecca Taylor
Sachin & Babi
Joie
Thread Social
Alexander Wang
Milly
Alice & Olivia
Dolce Vita
Cynthia Rowley
Re Collection
What Goes Around Comes Around
Pop Basics


(shopbop.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment