Monday, April 12, 2010

The Sandal that I HAD to Have!

I made a mad dash to the mall yesterday evening on a quest for a pair of "cuffed," flat, black sandals. I still have a pair from last year, but I wanted a more updated pair. After a stop in Aldo (no luck), I headed to Dillards. As soon as I reached the shoe department, there they were on a table close to the isle, Jessica Simpson's "Noho".......it was love at first sight! Made from soft nappa leather with just the right details, I grabbed one and bounded up to the counter for a size 9.5.

The salesperson came back empty handed and my heart sank......she said, "all of the larger sizes are gone." My first thought was that I would return home and scour the internet and order them online, at which point, the salesperson said that she could check their system for a pair, which if found, would be shipped directly to me minus shipping. Of course I readily agreed.....she did find a pair and stated that it would be 7 to 10 business days before I would receive them. Drats, I thought, as I wanted (mind you, not needed) them asap.

she went on to say, that based on past customer orders, I should actually receive them within three to four days. While I left empty handed, I felt good, because I know they're on the way! I feel even better this morning, as I went online to see what websites had them and found that Zappos has them for $110, Shoes.com, $115 and Jessica's own site has them for $110......Dillards price is $79! So, now I'm really happy that I didn't just leave the store without exploring options, as I would have paid more for them!

1 comment:

  1. this kind of sandals are really trendy on the moment and they looks so stylish! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete