Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Paul Andrew S/S 2013

such a diverse collection.....I love the black with gold accents, along with his take on the gladiator sandal.













Academic background
Berkshire College of Art & Design, England -
Women's Fashion & Footwear Design.

Experience in the fashion world
"I graduated from fashion design school in 1999 and won the Draper's Record "Student Footwear Designer of the Year" award for my graduation shoe collection. The collection was bought by Yasmin Sewell and quickly sold-out at her infamous London boutique, Yasmin Cho. I was subsequently made offers from several international fashion houses and worked on a consultancy basis for Alexander McQueen, Gina and Ruffo designing shoes and accessories. In the year 2000 I moved to New York City to continue my career with Narciso Rodriguez, where I launched a shoe and accessories collection for the house. In 2001 I joined Calvin Klein Collection, where I designed men’s and women’s footwear. In 2003 l was hired by Donna Karan, where in my position as VP of Shoes & Accessories, I was responsible for the design, development and merchandising of the collection. During this time I spent much of my time between my base in NYC and the factories in Italy, where I worked directly with the last, heel and sole makers to manifest my designs. After opening my eponymous design house in June 2012, I shifted into a freelance position with Donna Karan, where I will remain as a freelance consultant on all accessories design."

How long have you had a collection?
"Spring 2013 was my first season. The collection was presented to retailers and press during fashion weeks in New York and Paris this past September. My collection will be available at Barneys in New York, Chicago, and Barneys.Com. Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks.Com, and several international specialty stores have also picked-up my debut collection."

The concept of the collection "In reaction to the heavy platform footwear that have become the mainstream styling of today, my idea was to turn attention back to the exquisite lightness of the stiletto heel. Shoes that are sexy yet sophisticated with a fantastical influence from artisan, almost couture, techniques, which I attempt to infuse into modern, perfectly balanced shoe silhouettes with a contemporary edge. The focus of the house will always be on originality, quality, comfort and modernity and my shoes are all handmade by one of Italy’s finest manufacturers using only the most luxurious, exotic and refined materials."

Never with/Never without
"Never say never…"

Your personal style
"The purity of black; the silhouettes of Rick Owens, Raf Simons and Damir Doma."

Your icon
" The genius Charles Jourdan."

Favorite designers
"Azzedine Alaia, Miuccia Prada, Donna Karan, Tom Ford and Manolo Blahnik.... One doesn't even need to say their surnames, and you know their designs without even looking at the label. They have all created something truly original, and unrivaled."

A special thanks to
"The one and only Siddhartha, my family, Donna & Peter, Michelle Sanders, Giovanni Monte & his incredible team."

What are your future projects?
"I'm currently working on my Pre-Fall 2013 collection, as well as the Fall 2013 runway shoes and accessories for Donna Karan Collection."

(Vogue.it)

No comments:

Post a Comment