Monday, April 4, 2011

Street Style Trend: Pleated Skirts








Spring/summer 2011 sees the rise, or rather fall, of hemlines as below-the-knee to floor-skimming skirts enjoy their moment in the sartorial spotlight. Undeniably one of the biggest trends of the season, pleated skirts are the single most desirable item to own with their seemingly endless styling possibilities.
 


While retro accessories and sepia tones channel a bang on-trend 1970s vibe, luxe leather and sleek layering create a modern, go-anywhere style that oozes elegance. But for an uber-modern look with a twist, swap denim at the weekend and style Converse with a floaty, ballet-inspired number. Cool, understated and on-trend, you simply can’t go wrong.

(Elle.uk)

I love the crop of longer skirts offered this season, but I shall proceed with caution. While I like the idea of pleated skirts, some styles tend to add a little "bulk" to the stomach and hip area. My preference is a more of an a-line design much like the look in picture five....definitely a do!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, i follow you!
    I'll be happy if you want to follow me back! :)

    Kisses

    Federica

    www.laragazzadaicapellirossi.com

    ReplyDelete