ASOS.COM has launched a new plus-size clothing range. The Curve Collection caters for sizes 20-26 (the mainline ASOS range already goes up to size 18) and, as well as covering basic wardrobe essentials, it has some really gorgeous trend-led pieces.
The range includes knitwear, tailoring, jersey and outerwear. Many of the designs have been taken from the own-label collection but adapted to fit a curvier figure. ASOS plans to update the collection every season and expand for Autumn/Winter 2010.
Highlights include a printed dress, which somehow manages to successfully mix Luella-style polka dots with a bright floral motif, and a black leather biker jacket, complete with studs and zips. The only lowlight we can spot is the legging/skirt one-piece: practical, no doubt, for hiding wobbly bits but all too reminiscent of our formative teenage years (circa 1997) spent working weekends at Topshop when trouser/skirt combos were all the rage.
1. Asos pleat swing mac, £65The flattering cut of this mac defines the slimmest part of a woman's body then flares out, skimming over the hips. It's a jaunty little number which would look great worn with a Breton top, skinny jeans and ballet pumps.
2. Asos floral waisted dress, £28A pretty floral dress which has been given a harder edge with visible zip-detailing on the back. A scoop neckline and elasticated waist make it suitable for most shapes and sizes.
3. Asos bi-stretch pencil dress, £28This LBD gives a subtle nod to the ongoing sharp shoulder trend with its puff sleeve. The waistline is nicely defined with pleats falling over the front of the skirt to hide any lumps or bumps. A perfect dress for work or play.
4. Asos Long leather biker jacket, £100A rock-chic trans-seasonal piece, this leather jacket makes us want to hop on a motorbike behind James Dean and ride off into the sunset. It'll look great teamed with frayed, ripped jeans and a plain white T-shirt.
5. Asos flower and spot dress, £30A great springtime buy, this jolly dress manages to combine two prints successfully: a Luella-esque polka dot print and a floral motif. Style it up with a thin black belt for more definition around the waist and team with flats or heels.
(Marie Claire U.K.)
The print dresses are a bit "busy," but the three remaining pieces are great!