Monday, February 8, 2010
Kyle Stewart of Boutique Goodhood Introduces What's Hot for Spring
It's all very very good in the hood at Goodhood for spring summer 2010 and now more than ever, this two-year old Hoxton shopping destination gets even stronger. Bridgin the gap between functional and the high end, owners Kyle Stewart and Jo Sindle have cleverly shaped Goodhood's brand roster into accomodating hard-to-find brands such as Rittenhouse, Norse Projects and Souland as well as Japanes labels Unrivaled and Issey Miyake's line Final Home. In addition, Goodhood have also developed a collaboration of their own with workwear brand R. Newbold which has cult status in Japan. We asked Stewart and Sindle for a fine-tuned edit of what's in-store for S/S 10 and why we should be getting excited about pirate stripes, polka dots and powdery pastel shades.
1. Karen Walker: Nylon Parka - The best rain parka I've ever seen...essential for our showery summer evenings.
2. Opening Ceremony: Suede Printed W2 Shoe - Powdery pastels, tie dye, suede, bows and a chunky heel... what more can I say.
3. Sabrina Dehoff: Multi Tube Bracelet - More powdery pastels of radness, this time with some gold... yum yum.
4. Karen Walker: The Unit Dress - The perfect summer dress, good with heels, wellies, booots..the lot.
5. Opening Ceremony: Bone Leather W11 Wedge shoe - I have wanted these for a year already, we at Goodhood will be wearing them all summer, even the fellas.
6. Rittenhouse: Pirate Stripe Tee - It's wide and cropped, how all tops should be this summer.
7. Goodhood X RNewbold: Embossed Leather Laptop Case - With leopard emboss on one side and polka dot on the other this is our dreeeeam laptop case with an extra hidden special something on the inside too.
1. Norse Projects Multi Col Patchwork Shirt - Perfect patchwork shirt for summer days..we think Norse are quite simply amazing.
2. PAM Bad Raglan Sweat - What more can you say... smurfs = badasssssssss.
3. Norse Projects EOA Amazing Tee: more solid basics from Norse...this sentiment is the best thing we’ve seen on a tee in, like, forever
4. Opening Ceremony M17 Mens Shoe in Sand - Crepe soles..big for the summer.
5. Goodhood X RNewbold: Stripe Back Pack - If you think this ones good, wait until you see the leopard print one.
7. Goodhood X RNewbold: Stripe Cotton Parka - Possibly the nicest jacket we’ve seen for SS10, beautiful compact stripe cotton and hidden chainstitch detailing really make this jacket a winner.
6. Goodhood X RNewbold: Washed printed jean - Selvage vintage washed jeans with prints, bindings, hand stitch and details galore.
8. Goodhood X RNewbold: Spotty Heavy Shirt - Polka dots are a Goodhood favourite and will be BIG this summer.
All products available at Goodhood, 41 Coronet Street, N1 6HD
(Dazed and Confused)
Love, love love the bow adorned booties!