Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Jewel Encrusted Splendor"



























I had never heard of Clara Kasavina when I met Clara herself (right) at a recent event for BagTrends in New York City. Now, I'm a little obsessed. It wasn't just the fabulous handbags which caught my attention, it was the amazing work they do with crystals. I can't wait for you to look through the gallery and see the lavishly encrusted minaudieres and accessories, but first, here's a bit more information.

Clara and her husband Misha have been making handbags for 15 years. Clara designs the bags -- with resplendent taste -- and Misha is the model maker, whose superb craftsmanship is evident in each of their stunning final products.

The bags are made in a variety of jewel tones with different shapes and materials. "Usually we choose to match our python, so we have it in the python, we have it in satin," said Clara. Their other unmistakable feature is their dynamic and opulent use of Swarovski crystals, packed tightly but unevenly, like a mosaic. "They are like a skin almost," explained Clara, quite rightly. The result is bags and accessories with an extremely opulent vintage feel -- your bag may be new, but it looks like a hand-me-down from Princess Grace.

We see a lot of handbags, but we rarely see old-school glamour like this, and with the season's return to flashy, speakeasy styles, you'd be smart to pick up a Clara Kasavina for the holidays. (Luxist)

I too have never heard of Clara, but I have to say that this has to be one of the most SPECTACTULAR accessories collections that I have ever seen. The embelliments, the details and overall designs are immaculate......talk about your statement pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment