Friday, February 5, 2016

Inside her Closet: (Princess) Deena Abdulaziz

Deena Abdulaziz is perhaps best known for her amazing style. A darling of the many fashion week photographers, she's always the picture of perfection. Here, she shares (what I can only imagine to be the tip of the iceberg), pieces from her closet, as well as beauty favorites.


CO-FOUNDER AND CREATIVE DIRECTOR OF D’NA. PARIS




Skirt, Rodarte; Sweater, Alexander Wang

"I always carry my IPhone, perfume, lip gloss, and cough drops [in my bag]."
Bags on L: Olympia Le-Tan; Bags on R: M2Mallettier
"[If my shoes could talk they'd say,] I've been to many a fashion week."
All, Various Designers

"I don’t dress for street style photographers, but for myself. I always like revisiting old staples in my closet that stand the test of time."
Bag, Customized Hermès by Eddie Borgo; Bracelet, Eddie Borgo

"I fell in love with the necklace the moment she showed it to me and I was the first individual to own it."
Necklace, Annelise Michelson

"Since opening the first D’NA store in 2006, it has become a platform for emerging talent. Part of what makes my job exciting is the thrill of discovering new designers and introducing them to my region. I’m proud to say D’NA was one of the first retailers in the world to carry the likes of Jason Wu, Prabal Gurung, Rodarte and Juan Carlos Obando. As a small-specialized retailer I can take risks on emerging talent and help nurture a following for them amongst my clients."
Bag, CHANEL
"I never leave the house without my phone."
Bags, M2Malletier; Ring, Sevan Bicakci

Watches T to B: Delfina Deletrez, Rolex; Bracelets, Hermès

"The best advice I’ve ever received is to always listen to my initial instincts."
Heels L to R: Aquazzura, Alexandre Birman, Aquazzura
"I would have most likely been a stylist had I not opened up my store."
Top, Rosie Assoulin; Heels L to R: Gianvito Rossi, Dior, Alexandre Birman

Bag, Olympia Le-Tan; Bracelet, Hermès

"The best advice I can give to anyone who wants to break into the fashion industry is to cultivate one's eye and to be yourself."
All: Nathalie Trad for D’NA, Lee Savage
Bracelet, Vanessa Arizaga

"My signature look is elegance with a twist."
Dress, Rodarte

Sweatshirt, Natasha Zinko
"I like to use NARS’ Light Reflecting Setting Powder because it just adds the last finishing touch."



"I can't live without my perfume, my Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle, my phone, my Alexander Fuchs floating diamond ring, my Sade playlist, and a photo of my family."
Bag, Hermès
"My favorite Tom Ford lip color is called Desert Rose."
Ring, Sevan Bicakci

Blazer, Haider Ackermann; Belt & Skirt, Nomia by Yara Flinn; Bags, M2Malletier; Ring, Sevan Bicakci

"When I decided to open my store, I wanted to follow in the footsteps of pioneering women retailers such as Joan Weinstein of Ultimo, Carla Sozzani of 10 Corso Como, Maria Louisa and Linda Dresner. All these women had a unique take on style, that in turn was reflected in their stores. It wasn’t simply about presenting the latest trends to customers, but offering a unique approach to dressing. That philosophy embodies the way I approach my own store today, so much so that I only wear the designers that I carry, as I firmly believe in standing behind any label I support."
Top & Skirt, Roksanda; Bag, Olympia Le-Tan; Bracelet, Hermès

thecoveteur.com

No comments:

Post a Comment