Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Following Designer Jason Wu




WHILE THE WORLD was buzzing with excitement and welcoming the new first family at the presidential inauguration, the fashion world also inaugurated Jason Wu into the big leagues. In that instant he became a household name, bringing his polished, eclectic style to the forefront and ushering in a fall season marked by the ladylike refinement that defines his style. Recently Wu hosted a trunk show to showcase his latest collection, which will continue to be available at Gail Rothwell. Wu offered us a sneak peak into the elegant world he envisions every day.

HAMPTONS: Congratulations on your induction into the CFDA! What does it mean to you?JASON WU: It’s an honor to be a part of such an influential group. I’m excited to be inducted alongside an extremely talented and diverse roster of designers.
H: Where were you when you heard the news?
JW: I received the call during a fitting for my spring 2010 collection in my studio. To be kneedeep in piles of fabric and get a call telling me Iwas the newest member of the CFDA was an
instant validation for me as a designer.
H: Gail’s shop is one of our favorites. How did you choose it for your trunk show?
JW: To me Gail’s boutique is a symbol of easy luxury. I love her point of view, I love her taste, and I think she’s the perfect representation for my collection in the Hamptons.
H: Why hold a trunk show in the Hamptons?
JW: My favorite time to shop is always when I’m on vacation, so I thought having a trunk show in the Hamptons would be a great way to start the season.
H: Have you been out East a lot this summer?
JW: A lot of my creative friends travel out here on the weekends, so I come out from time to time—whenever my schedule permits. I’ve also been spending some time on Fire Island, and I just got back from an amazing vacation in Turks and Caicos. It’s great to get some sun before all the fashion-week madness in September!
H: What are your favorite destinations in the Hamptons?
JW: I love having lunch at CittaNuova and going to BookHampton to stock up on my book collection.
H: What’s playing on your iPod?
JW: I love the music of Wilson Chan, who produces the music for my resort 2010 show. He does great mixes for me that I play in the studio. I’ve had “Daniel” by Bat for Lashes playing on repeat all summer long.
H: What books are you reading, and where is your favorite spot to read?
JW: I’m a huge fan of art and fashion books, and I’m always looking out for new titles to add to my collection. I’m a regular at The Strand every week.
(Hampstons magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment